Admission Requirements for OMPTP
Ophthalmic Assisting Applications:
Ophthalmic Technician Applications:
Online Ophthalmic Scribe Course
Ophthalmic Assisting & Ophthalmic Technician Requirements
- Official transcripts mailed by the registrar of all education including both high school and any college or university you have attended to the attention of the Program Director;
- One reference letter/form;
- 1-page personal statement stating why you have decided to pursue this program at this time;
- Resume or CV;
- Official results of TOEFL Examination for students whose first language is not English;
- Name of office/ophthalmologist under which you will complete 500 clinical hours OR application for our optional clinical rotations;
- Completed,signed,and initialed application;
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 prior to May 15th, 2020. Late application fee after May 15th, 2020 is $100. Checks or Money orders should made payable to GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OMA FUND.
Ophthalmic Scribe Course Requirements
- Prior medical or ophthalmological background is preferred but not required.
- Completion of online application